Thursday, January 23, 2014

Original drawing vs. Fan art: Annabeth Chase, Percy Jackson, NICO DI ANGELO, and Rachel Dare

In the book Percy described her as "...a pretty girl, her blond hair curled like a princess's." The original picture (how Rick Riordan's artist's drew it) doesn't really show how curly it is at all. In fact, it looks like Annabeth's hair is straight and just a little wavy. Also, she doesn't have her bead necklace 
I saw some fan art on the Internet(meaning I didn't draw it) and saw this:
This picture show that Annabeth actually has curls. The only thing wrong that I can see is that there may be too many beads on her necklace. Even with that fault though, this is what I imagined what Annabeth looked like. PERCABETH FTW! I'm just curious, does anyone ship Lukabeth or Nicabeth(Nico and Annabeth peoples!)?
 _________________________________________________________________________________

Percy Jackson has a brooding look from his father(that's what Sally Jackson-I mean Blofis said), sea green eyes, and messy, black hair. This picture show that he has long hair, but it isn't even that messy and you can't really see what color his eyes are. Also, isn't Riptide suppose to have a bronze color since it's made of Celestial BRONZE? 
Again, I saw some fan art on the Internet(hurrah for Internet!) and liked it better then this picture.
This picture has a more brooding look and you can clearly see his sea green eyes. Plus, his hair is longish, messy, and black. This is what I think of when someone says Perseus Jackson(well not really I think of a lot of things including Luke kissing Thalia's tree before poisoning it.) I ship PERCABETH by the way, but Perico, Perlia, Pertemis, or Prachel is fine too.

___________(I'm a line)_____________________________________________________________

Onto Nico Di Angelo! So, last night I got really mad at this picture and started this full blown lecture about how Nico should look to my dad(He just stared at me like I was crazy. Has that ever happened to you?) One, Nico does not have a dumb look on his face(i'm not going to say retarded because that's rude) Second, isn't Nico suppose to have onyx or a really dark color colored eyes not sickly yellow? Third, I thought Nico had black hair. This might be before he went all goth and stuff, but it still doesn't look like him!

Still going on the Internet to get fan art("I'm gonna do an Internet!" Anyone know where that's from?)

BAM!!! Yay! No more dumb look on his face and both his eyes and his hair are black! What do you guys picture him as? This or the original picture? I(obviously) like this one better! Who do you ship Nico with? Percy? Jason? Rachel? Annabeth? No one(Forever alone)?

_________________________(I'm not a line)_________________(Yes, you are, don't deny it!)_____

Finally, Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a creative, artsy, red head who turns into the oracle of Delphi! I pictured her with longer red hair and marker drawings all over her clothes, something more creative that make her stand out. This picture(clearly) is not that. I can't even see her green eyes and WHERE ARE HER FRECKLES?!?!?!?!?
BACK TO THE INTERNET
There's the curly redish hair, green eyes(though not as awesome as Percy's), freckles, and paints on her clothes. She doesn't look as daring(lol see what I did there?) as the original drawing, but I like this picture more. Anyone here ship Prachel?

5 comments:

  1. Hi E!
    I already love your blog. I'm a hardcore Percy fan too! I more than agree with this post. Percy looks like a troll under a bridge-or a child of Hermes about to rob you. Not even in the ballpark to what I imagined him. Nico just looks like an idiot, and not the Underworldly awesomeness he is in BOO. Rachel looks like a troll, too.
    The Fan art is waaaaay better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! and after reading BOO, i ship Nico with Will Solace.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you completely the fanart is way better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you completely the fanart is way better

    ReplyDelete